Saturday, May 15, 2010

day 104 | random objects

my father-in-law {aka FIL} likes to put random objects in our backyard and wait to see how long it takes us to notice them. sometimes we catch him in the act - sometimes we apparently don't notice.

today i am out mowing the lawn ... yes, i occasionally mow the lawn ... ok it's my second time in the 8 years we've been married. anyway, i'm out behind our fence and out of the corner of my eye i see this HUGE bird?!?!?! i dropped the mower and got out of there ... only to find out that it was an owl put there several days ago by .. FIL! thank you for the almost heart attack :P

on a sad note - a good friend & neighbor passed away!! i will miss the shouted conversations we had through pete's yard. i'll miss the almost daily waves from the other side of the street. and i'll miss the security in just knowing that you have someone who is keeping an eye on things.







1 comment:

  1. Haha .... I think that is the funniest thing ever. I almost spit my coffee all over the place!

    ReplyDelete